The Nokia sportstracker is great free software on my Nokia N95 mobile phone. It can log your route for later reference. That can be in a sports activity but also your journey by for example car or train.
After a firmware upgrade of my phone. The sportstracker stopped working however. No activities are available in the activity list and neither can I add new activities. As you need an activity to use the sportstracker that meant I couldn’t use it anymore.
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t help. So I searched on the web whether anybody had the same issues. I found this forum where N95 users shared their experiences on the N95. In this specific thread a guy named baseballfanz did the suggestion to delete anything to do with Sportstracker (ST).
So here I went:
- First removed the sportstracker from my mobile phone by selecting that option in the application menu
- Then installed the Y-browser to be able to browse the directories on my phone.
- I found the SportsTracker folder on E:\ (E:\SportsTracker)
- I deleted the complete folder
- I downloaded and installed the SportsTracker application from the Nokia website.
It worked! The activities are back and I can use it again :). This phone really behaves like a computer.