The Star Wars Sage consists of 6 movies. In this overview the movie title links to the IMDB page for this movie, it’s year of release and it’s IMDB rating. At the end you’ll find my rating.
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace – 1999 – 6.4 – 8
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones – 2002 – 6.8 – 7
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith – 2005 – 7.9 – 9
- Star Wars (Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope) – 1977 – 8.8 – 9
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – 1980 – 8.8 – 8
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi – 1983 – 8.3 – 8
I saw all the 6 movies within a period of only a few weeks while the last time I saw any Star Wars movie before must have been 20 years ago or so.
Star Wars (episode IV) is the movie with the earliest release date. The special effect were amazingly well done regarding the technology of the time. The story line was great as well as the concept. While seeing this movie I noted how amazingly well episode 1, 2 and 3 were created in order to “fit” with episode 4, 5 and 6. In all ways the 1977 movie fit with the most recent titles. Sounds, effects, characters, all was very recognizable. Star Wars episode II got my lowest rating as it feels like an “in between” movie.
Over all I can recommend anybody to see all the Star Wars episodes in the story line sequence. The Star Wars sage is a true classic. I became a fan and feel at least a bit disappointed that the odds of a follow-up movie are extremely small. May the force be with you.